July 25, 2017 - 08:30 AM / 02:00 PM
Menokin Glass House Project: From Ruin to Re-Imagined
- 8:30 AM – 9 AM Registration & Coffee
- 9 AM – 11 AM Seminar 1: The Menokin Glass House Project – An examination of the technical details for merging the stabilization and preservation of an historic ruin with a 21st century steel and glass enclosure. Presenters: Reid Freeman, principal of Architecture Operations D.P.C.. James Zehmer, Historic Preservation ProjectMgr. for UVA Facilities Planning & Construction Dept.
- 11:15 AM – 12 PM Lunch (Provided) & Networking
- 12 PM – 12:45 PM Seminar 2: Hard Hat Tour – A site visit to the ruin will provide a hands on opportunity to see the wood and masonry components used in the English-heritage restoration techniques. Presenter: Hank Handler, principal Oak Grove Restoration Company.
- 1 PM – 2 PM Seminar 3:Masonry Walls – A comparative analysis of modern masonry wall construction and historic mass masonry wall construction. Discussion will include a review of effects the of environment on mass masonry wall construction. Presenter: Keith Davis RBEC, superintendent Rodgers Builders, Inc.
Space is limited so register early! Registration closes July 21st.